Saturday, January 4, 2014

The Old Train Station

You've seen pictures of the Government Conference Centre before in this blog. It was once the main train station, linked to the Chateau Laurier (there to the left) by a tunnel below the street. These days the government makes use of the building, which is only open for Doors Open one weekend in the summer to the public.

I've taken pictures of it before, but not from this angle. In December, while taking Christmas light pics, I was passing through the National Arts Centre, and looked across the Canal at the building. The lighting drew my eye, so I stepped outside and took the shot.


16 comments:

  1. That is really dramatic lighting. Nice shot !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved that building. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Stuart: thank you!

    @EG: it's a completely different look for the building.

    @Deb: so have I.

    @Grace: thank you!

    @Tanya: it really does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Easy to see why the lighting caught your eye. Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear William. I am so sorry for my english. I hope You will understand me. Probably You are much better storyteller than a photographer. This shot looking like a snaphot taken by iPhone. The building looking like a milions of buildings somewhere in the world. Tell me, and other, about really live in Ottawa. It have to be a nice city, I hope. I want to know the people, the interesting places "places where coming the Ottawa people", What, where, when, who etc. Just a life. even from the streets. Try harder. The best and warm greetings from Norway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does have that grand "train station" look to it. A very nice building, beautifully lit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lighting is great in this shot! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has an appealing and dignified look.

    Happy New Year, William.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could have sworn I saw your Saturday post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @CheryL: I'll have to try it again in the daytime.

    @Inna: well, it is an android I'm using to take my shots...

    @Sharon: come June, I'll be photographing it inside as well.

    @Audrey: merci!

    @RedPat: thanks!

    @Meradeth: thank you!

    @Jack: thanks!

    @Linda: thank you!

    @Norma: I think I've sent this picture to you beforehand.

    ReplyDelete