Thursday, April 6, 2017

Twilight Falls Over The City

I have some sunset shots today. This is a view over the Rideau Canal from the Bank Street Bridge. The  canal was closed for skaters at this point, but the deep cold of the first part of March had, at the time, done a good job of firming up the ice again.


These western views, on two different days, looks over the skyline in Old Ottawa South. They're about the same time of day- the difference is that one was taken before the switchover to Daylight Saving Time, and the second was taken the day after.


I went to the National Gallery in March to take in the Alex Janvier retrospective one more time- it ends on Easter Weekend. After my tour of the exhibit and the permanent galleries, I looked out the window in the glass tower for a sunset view over the Ottawa River and Gatineau. I'll be taking you on another visit of the Gallery in a few days.


Outside, I took more shots of the last light of day as I headed across from the Gallery into Major's Hill Park. Parliament Hill really stood out in the dying light of day.

29 comments:

  1. Beautiful twilight and sunset shots. I especially like the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last 3 images, nice light and contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gads, William! Makes me appreciate even more yesterday's afternoon temps here in the 70s. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue photo (#2) looks like modern art.

    Janis
    GDP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Twilight is always great for photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think twilight is one of my favorite photographing moments ... great views. so lovely. ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...and a frozen city at that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marvellous twilight shots, William !

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Tomas: thanks!

    @Nancy: I do too.

    @Francisco: thank you.

    @Marleen: me too.

    @Revrunner: today here it is raining.

    @Janis: it does!

    @Marianne: true.

    @Beth: thank you.

    @Tom: quite so.

    @Karl: thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice. I like all the different perspectives.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You really show the Austere Beauty of the North

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rather peaceful and quiet skies for the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have always liked sky shots. Nice. I do like the last pic specially.
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Lowell: thanks!

    @Klara: thank you.

    @Sharon: it really is.

    @Cloudia: thank you!

    @Red: we had our share of sunny days in March, which made up for a lack of them in January and February.

    @MB: thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! I love this time of day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are indeed beautiful images, in spite of the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, beautiful captures of Twilight hour. The views are lovely. Happy Thursday!, enjoy your day and the weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your twilight photos are wonderful William. Enjoyed all the views very much.

    ReplyDelete
  19. @RedPat: it certainly is.

    @Linda: me too.

    @Norma: snow's better than rain, which is what we've had today!

    @Eileen: thank you!

    @Denise: thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You captured the beauty of the twilight hour. Very nice William!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ah, a place where twilight lingers.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Shades of evening - very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  23. William, these are lovely shots.
    Pretty and peaceful.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Bill: thanks!

    @Mari: it does indeed.

    @Kay: thanks!

    @Jan: thank you.

    ReplyDelete